The Adventures and Misadventures of Matt, Melissa and the Kenny triplets!

The Adventures and Misadventures of Matt, Melissa and the Kenny triplets!

Monday, June 27, 2011

First Entry

So I had my first appointment at the Perinatal Center in Syracuse today, and one of the nurses suggested that I start a journal. Like "Day One - I still see my feet!"  I think she was messing with me a little since I asked her why I wasn't showing yet.  You will, my friend. You will.

The Perinatal Center is where high risk pregnant ladies go, and being with child, or rather "with children" and having three at once, I'm considered high risk.  Which I'm a-okay with since I'll be monitored more frequently and I'll get to see my little ducklings a lot.  Today they looked like actual babies!! I could see actual long legs and arms and fingers and toes!  Two of them were just chillin, likin they were getting their pictures taken, and the third looked pretty alien like, looking straight at us.  But he was the happy clam last time dancing away and this time was the more active one again.  This one is definitely Matt's.  On the ride home, I joked with Matt that they already inherited his large head. :)

So prior to this visit I had been going to the CNY Fertility Center, which I will highly recommend to anyone!  I had such a wonderful time there, and loved the weekly visits, but I definitely see some charm with the Perinatal Center.  Everyone I saw today had such a Syracuse-vibe, being very to the point, but also with some humor.  It was enjoyable.

I was prescribed some anti-nausea medication because it will allow me to eat more than I have, which is great because food has definitely been a four letter word for me lately.  And if you know me at all, you'd know that that was just the worst thing ever.  I normally LOVE food!  One day... one day.

Ok, I think this is long enough for a first post.  I'd post the ultrasound pics, but honestly you can't really see anything great in the pictures.  Once they become clearer, if they ever do, I'll post some.  Its just hard to get a good picture when there are three of them in there!!!

OH. And as of today I am 11 weeks and 5 days.  Almost out of this dreadful first trimester!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Momo, Bobo and Coco are doing well!! Little meerkat babies.

    I hope food sounds good again soon. :( No food is not Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Babies,
    I love you already!!!
    Your Grandma
    :):):)
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melis, This is such a great idea! :) You can print it out for them when they're all grown up and mad at you for not buying them each a Lexus (or Suburu if I have my way). Remind them of what an awesome Mom you are!
    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had the biggest, most prideful smile on my face reading about the 3 little Kennys who will be almost like my own in 6 (probably less) months.

    ReplyDelete